- –When our Houston periodontist places dental implants for missing teeth correction, those implants afford you the stability experienced only with your natural teeth. Unlike dentures, dental implants do not shift or slip. You can eat, talk, or even sing without worry.
- -Dentures are made of materials like plastic and cast metal while dental implants placed by our Houston periodontist are made of biocompatible titanium. Titanium is able to integrate with your body.
- –Dental implants are versatile when used for missing teeth correction by our Houston periodontist. Any number of teeth may be replaced by dental implants, from a single tooth to a full arch. Dentures, however, may only be used for multiple missing teeth correction or the replacement of all of your teeth.
- –Dentures may need to be replaced due to wear or refitted due to bone loss, which may cause a change in the shape of your bone structure. Conversely, dental implants placed by our Houston periodontist for missing teeth correction last a lifetime and require no more maintenance than your natural teeth.
- –The primary advantage of using dental implants for missing teeth correction, when considering your overall health, is the preservation of bone. With dental implants, our Houston periodontist can protect the integrity of your bone and facial structure which is crucial to maintaining your health and appearance. Dentures simply cannot effect any change upon the deterioration process, resulting only in further advancement.
A Consultation with our Houston Periodontist for Missing Teeth Correction
If you have missing teeth or are unhappy with your dentures, do not wait to contact the office of Houston periodontist Dr. Alicia Valentini. The longer you wait, the higher the risk of bone loss and the potential of your needing a bone graft. Dentures can compromise your health as well as your happiness. Contact our Houston periodontist for a consultation for missing teeth correction today.